Monday, January 16, 2017

I saw the church be great.

The church is filled with flawed people. We can be selfish and prideful and sometimes downright mean. We miss the mark a lot, demand our "rights", act like children when we don't get our way. BUT when we get it right, it can be pretty great. When we are surrendered to Christ, motivated and moved by His Spirit and live out our faith with true humility and genuinely love each other, when we devote our hearts to Jesus and follow through with our commitment to Him, something wonderful happens.

Yesterday I saw it.

  • I saw a friend willingly interrupt what they were doing to help meet a need.
  • I saw kids show love to each and invite friends to church.
  • I saw parents joyfully volunteer in the ministry that invests in their kids each week.
  • I saw leaders be flexible and positive when technology failed.
  • I heard kids pray through tears for others and worship with their whole hearts.
  • I heard testimonies from people who had seen themselves as the least likely person to lead and serve, share how God had helped them find their "sweet spot" in ministry.
  • I saw people serve with passion and purpose.
  • I saw preteens excited about getting into God's Word, about owning and growing in their faith.
  • I heard (and received!) words of encouragement and affirmation and true friendship.
Have you seen this beautiful stuff? Have you stopped to look and see God at work around you? You will totally miss it:
  • If you're not looking for it.
  • If you're focused on the negative. 
  • If you're spending all your time looking at yourself. 
God is stirring in the hearts of His people. Amazing things are happening. We can't miss it! We can't let the greatness pass right by us. So let's keep our eyes open. Let's not just LOOK for the great in our church, let's BE a part of making it happen. Let's tune our hearts to hear and sing and SEE His grace. 

I guarantee you, the view will be spectacular.

  







No comments:

Post a Comment